[Vm-dev] The VM to tag

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 04:30:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 12:21 AM Nicolas Cellier <

> Let me suggest f70cf5f34041e0e197542651e90505a0b86325f6
> Please test it! (once the CI has built...)

My testing shows a serious regression with Apple/Command keys on MacOS.
This commit:

commit a54a2240565e729b5f613a1c2b3277bb3a8a2873
Author: Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Dec 23 21:05:54 2019 +0100

    Convert charCode to latin1 encoding rather than macRoman on iOS.

    Why? because image side uses unicode encoding for characters, and that
matches latin1 up to 256.
    Once upon a time, the image side did use macRoman, so that explains the
legacy code.
    But such legacy has become a drag, let's get rid of it!

    TODO: same changes required on legacy Mac OS
    But I might apply those change after merging the compile_legacy_Mac_OS
code in order to avoid potential conflicts.

affects this file: platforms/iOS//vm/OSX/sqSqueakOSXApplication+events.m

So we need to use an earlier version of the keyboard support and do a
different merge to pull in Levente's changes.  Or we need to fix this.

--
best, Eliot