[Vm-dev] Pharo7 stock image shows a blank desktop in 64b (NixOS Linux)

Jose San Leandro jose at sanleandro.me
Sat Feb 23 08:11:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

Sorry, I wasn't aware my previous mail was sent as html.
I thought it was Pharo7 related, but it doesn't seem to depend on the
version of the Pharo image. It happens with Pharo 6.1, Pharo 7, and
Pharo 8 (screenshots attached after I try to close the image).
I'm just looking for any hint about where to focus. I'll try to follow
the path Morphic -> primitive -> vm.
No errors or warnings logged to stdout.
No fonts, no window decorations, no window contents.
It seems as if the VM wasn't aware of any issue, so I'd guess it has to
do with the X11 display driver.
If I start the image with --xshm I get a black rectangle in the middle.

Any hints about what could be causing Morphic UI elements not rendering
as expected?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.