[Vm-dev] Bad naming of libfreetype in latest Pharo vm windows 64bits

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:34:08 UTC 2019

Hi Guile,

Le lun. 7 janv. 2019 à 17:16, Guillermo Polito <guillermopolito at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying the latest windows pharo VM 64bits
> (pharo-win-x86_64-201901051900-7a3c6b6.zip from
> http://files.pharo.org/vm/pharo-spur64/win/) to see how reproducible are
> the problems with freetype, athens and the bitblt. While in that I've found
> that libcairo does not load due to a bad naming of libfreetype. I had
> libfreetype.dll, and renaming it to libfreetype-6.dll made it loadable
> again.
>
> The 32bit windows VM that corresponds to the same commit, the freetype
> library file is also named libfreetype.dll but there it works.
>
> I've found that the specs for freetype for win64 in that commit are right:
>

> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/7a3c6b642312bc2778fd86fdb86fc104bbb9278e/third-party/freetype2.spec.win64
>
> but maybe the default ones are used?
>

> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/7a3c6b642312bc2778fd86fdb86fc104bbb9278e/third-party/freetype2.spec
>
> Indeed, it seems to be hardcoded here:

https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/build.win64x64/third-party/Makefile.freetype2

For example, for libpng we explicitely load the windows specific versions
https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/build.win64x64/third-party/Makefile.libpng

For freetype2, we would need to load both, since the spec.win64 is partial.

Does somebody know what else could be causing this?