[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Linux Squeak VM X11 keyboard changes breaks 32b VM (#396)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Jun 12 20:38:29 UTC 2019

> On 2019-06-12, at 1:10 PM, Nicolas Cellier <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Subbu! KeyDecodeTable was the piece that I missed. I searched where the hell in the VM this CTRL->CMD modifier dance was performed, but failed to find it. It was in the image of course! It certainly IS the key of the problem.

This is part of a problem I've seen too many times over the years; something needs a 'tweak' for platform A - change is made in the platform code. That leads to problems for platforms B & C, and changes are made in the image. We end up with a curious and impenetrable mix of image and platform code doing weird things... and years later no one can remember anything about it.

tim
Strange OpCodes: LD: Lose Device