[Vm-dev] Squeak for BBC Micro bit?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Jun 24 16:45:54 UTC 2019

> On 2019-06-23, at 10:50 PM, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone in this group tried out BBC's micro:bit board[1]? The board was released around 2016 targeted at seventh graders - the same target audience as the original Squeak and Etoys team.

The compute power is a bit... limited. It's not impossible one could make a Squeak that could fit, just a lot of work for not a great reward. *Driving* one from Squeak might be much more intersting; I nearly got the Raspberry Pi gang to pay to do the work to drive it from Scratch but.. Scratch 2 in Flash came along ruined a substantial fraction of the universe.

tim
Do you like me for my brain or my baud?