[Vm-dev] Build script for Debian 9 stretch and GCC 6

Max Leske maxleske at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 09:09:19 UTC 2019

Hi,

At Netstyle we need to be able to build the VM ourselves for our
infrastructure. With the current build setup that isn't possible but
since we really need to do this we went ahead and hacked together a
build script for pharo.cog.spur (threaded) for Debian 9 stretch that
also works with GCC 6.

You can find the script on GitHub:
https://github.com/Netstyle/opensmalltalk-vm-build-script.

We've also automated building a debian package for the VM (not part of
the script), so if anyone is interested I can provide that part too.

We hope that this build script will help make it easier for other people
to build the VM on their own infrastructure.

Please consider improving the build setup. There are too many magic
things happening in places hard to find (e.g. that magic checkout that
*completely* changes the build output).

Cheers,
Max