[Vm-dev] No more support for running 64-bit VM on macOS < 10.13?

Ronie Salgado roniesalg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 04:18:31 UTC 2019

Hi,

With this PR: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/382 I
am now compiling the shaders from source in runtime, and trying to compile
the shader library before creating the Metal view. In addition to this, I
added the following command line options:

-opengl Select the OpenGL view
-metal Select the Metal view
-core-graphics Select the Core graphics view.

Because command line parsing is done after creating the view, I had to add
a hack specific for this options in main() function. So these options only
work when used as the first command line option. In addition to these
option, if -headless is used as the first command line option, then a view
that does not render or handle events will be selected instead.

Best regards,
Ronie