[Vm-dev] Linux Squeak VM X11 keyboard changes?

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sun May 26 17:39:21 UTC 2019

On 25/05/19 12:38 PM, Alistair Grant wrote:
> My guess is that this is the relevant commit:
>
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/1b837f94e96b93cb4d117ccdd010825d76dcde57#diff-e9d387f49791b823a087221b733a10b8
>
>  But there's nothing obviously 32 / 64 bit dependent that I can see.

Thanks. The problem may not be in this part of the code but could be a
unintended side effect of a change somewhere else.

EventSensor classPool associationAt: #KeyDecodeTable is different
between the good and bad VM. The good one has 184 entries while the bad
one has only 16 entries :-( See attached pics taken from the bad and
good VM.

I also noticed a possible problem in Editor>>initialize:
----
	self initializeKeystrokeActions.
	self allSubclassesDo: [ :c | c initialize ]
----

   Editor allSubclasses yields TextEditor SmalltalkEditor TextMorphEditor

So the loop will dispatch TextMorphEditor(TextEditor)>>initialize after
SmalltalkEditor>>initialize and override cmdActions and shiftCmdActions
map augmented by the latter.

Regards .. Subbu