[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Reproduceable Segmentation fault while saving images (#444)

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 22:14:14 UTC 2019

Hi Clement,

On Thu, 28 Nov 2019 at 22:40, Clement Bera <notifications at github.com> wrote:

> Fixed in VMMaker.oscog.2595. I could run all the iterations of the script with the fix.

Thanks!

I can confirm that the script completes all 400 iterations without
crashing, in fact without any assertion warnings at all.  We'll do
some additional testing in the coming days, but I think it's safe to
assume that the root cause has been solved.

> Eliot now needs to fix tip of tree (Cog VM, stack works) and regenerate the source code here.
>
> I don't mark it as fixed since I'd like the reporter to confirm he cannot reproduce with a fixed VM once available.

Thanks also for your detailed write-up (sent separately).  I'll go
through it step by step and respond tomorrow (a bit late now :-)).

Thanks again,
Alistair