[Vm-dev] Slang definition?

Laurent Julliard laurent at moldus.org
Wed Oct 16 06:45:33 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Thank you for your answers. yes I read the
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/slang page but suspected that may be changes
had been made to Slang over time. Whic Eliot confirmed.

Actually I'm not thinking of using Slang directly. I'm on a personal
project right to write a VM in Web Assembly to run Ruby. And rather than
writing the VM in WebAssembly directly i'd rather write it in Rlang
(equivalent of Slang for Ruby) and transpile to WebAssembly (WAT format).

So I'm trying to understand all the features that you had to support in
Slang to make writing a VM possible/easier.

Does that help ?

Laurent