[Vm-dev] Failed: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm#1826 (small_fixes - 622f877)

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 16:11:46 UTC 2019

Now that build goes a step further, it fails in Newspeak...
That's not unexpected, since all previous builds were stopping before
giving a chance to Newspeak developers to get any useful feedback...
Last time I broke the VM, it was first found by Newspeak bootstrap failure,
so I think that this process is valuable for VM smoke tests...
But I did not correctly identify my mistake; why? The build failed for
other reasons BEFORE Newspeak got executed.
Then Newspeak started failing after unrelated cosmetic changes (after I
fixed the other failures), so I accused the Newspeak process for my own bug
:(
This time, it might well be a Newspeak bug, given the stack trace...
We got something really complex, a hell of interdependencies.