[Vm-dev] [Cuis-dev] Larger mouse pointers on QHD screen?

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Sep 2 15:22:46 UTC 2019

Reported on Cuis, copying to vm-dev for follow-up. Replies should go to vm-dev.

Large cursor support is reported to be not working on 64-bit Linux VMs.
On Squeak, test this by enabling the "Use bigger mouse cursors" preference.

This is probably a build configuration issue. On a 64-bit interpreter VM
on Linux, larger cursors work as expected if and only if the xrender
development library is present in the build, e.g.

    $ sudo apt-get install libxrender-dev

My memory jogger was this:

  Name: VMMaker-dtl.298