[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Solaris (#479)

stes stes at telenet.be
Sun Apr 5 12:44:29 UTC 2020

I started by copying the "mvm" script from linux:

build.linux32x86/squeak.cog.spur/build
OPT="-g -O2 -DNDEBUG -DDEBUGVM=0"

build.linux32x86/squeak.cog.spur/build.debug
OPT="-g3 -O0 -DDEBUGVM=1"

Note that in my case I seem to have a more responsive VM when I remove the
-g flag.  And indeed, if debugging is required I'll add a build.debug
directory for the solaris tree (with the -g enabled in that directory).

Currently I also only have looked at the "squeak cog spur" tree, while there
are various other build trees for other types of VM's in there,   that I
still have to learn about ...

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-VM-f104410.html