[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Build on FreeBSD (#483)

Edwin Ancaer eancaer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 23:12:24 UTC 2020

Jochen,

This problem is solved in the krono/freebsd-fixes branch of
opensmalltalk.vm in github. Not by me, I just start to understand how the
whole  build is working.

I believe the issue with the declaration of devname in that branch does not
occur, because clang version 6 was used for the build.

Also, your updates in the mvm command wil still be necessary,  because
without them I had a problem including the GL/gl.h header  file.

So, by using that branch, and your mvm command, I now have the cog vm
working also. It gets killed at the testOut OfMemorySignal, but I choose to
ignore it for now. I think I used my quotum of assistance for this month
already.

Hope this was helpful,

Edwin Ancaer