[Vm-dev] How to create headless VM without some primitives?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon Apr 13 20:18:49 UTC 2020

> On 2020-04-13, at 1:06 PM, Erik Stel <erik.stel at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to create a headless VM without some primitives.

> How would I go about creating such a VM?

You *should* be able to simply remove the unwanted plugins from the plugins.int/ext files that specify what gets built and whether they are compiled as internal or external plugins. That of course assumes you want to drop entire plugins, which sounds likely.

The disadvantage is that anyone with access could simply stick a copy of the relevant plugin in the relevant place and it would get loaded...

Have you tried looking at the SecurityPlugin and how it is used? That is/was an attempt to handle this sort of case. Browse the class 'SecurityManager'.

tim
"How many Kdatlyno does it take to change a lightbulb?”
"None. It sounds perfectly OK to them."