[Vm-dev] How to create headless VM without some primitives?

Erik Stel erik.stel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:45:21 UTC 2020

Hi Tim,

a) Indeed this could be something for the VM to decide. When 'deploying' the
VM I would like it to be as small as possible as well. So if leaving out
(unnecessary) code is possible, I'm happy to do that. Although I'm not
planning to wrangle out every little byte to safe space.

b) True as well. But that would probably also prevent the VM itself to
read/write to the filesystem which is not what I want. I might (at some
point) include a plugin which does some very specific file I/O. At least for
logging purposes. But this is not decided yet.

I'll have a go with compiling the VM without specific plugins and have a
look at the SecurityManager.

Cheers,
Erik

--