[Vm-dev] MPEG3Plugin code appears broken when generated?

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Dec 16 03:56:50 UTC 2020

> On 2020-12-15, at 7:42 PM, Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Ah, thank you.  That explains things.  I had to change the checking to be more aggressive so that Spur's lazy forwarding would work.  I had to arrange that such code would fail for forwarders.  So I had to change the generated Slang so that it tested for a particular kind of array, rather than not testing at all and hence potentially passing a pointer to a forwarder.

OK, I see. Well, I put WordArray in (and the re-read prim too) and it now works ok on a Pi and hopefully somebody else will test the latest code on other platforms soon. I think the github thing did an autogenerate ok after looking at the C file. Always interesting working out what is happening when it isn't some code that changed but rather a dog that didn't bark in the night...

Now I wish I could work out why I get so much nasty crackle-graunch sound when any sound mixing is done.  I'll leave that to another thread in squeak-dev though since I suspect it is not very VM specific.

tim
Oxymorons: Sweet sorrow