[Vm-dev] [ANN] SqueakJS 1.0

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Wed Dec 23 00:24:34 UTC 2020

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 12:41 AM Eliot Miranda <eliot.miranda at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We have an effort crisis with the execution machinery.  You are asking did
> help. I am asking for help.  We have at least four different Squeak vm
> efforts.  Little mutual support.  Little community involvement.  Nothing
> new, but I do find this a serious problem. Thank you for tolerating my
> gloom in this holiday season.

It's not a zero-sum game, and there's no one-size-fits-all. People are
passionate about different things, especially if they do it in their spare
time.

The people helping me with the JavaScript stuff are not the same people
interested in working on the main VM. And sometimes there is mutual
support, like when Fabio implemented Sista bytecodes and FullClosures for
SqueakJS right after he had done it in Java for TruffleSqueak.

So, cheers to a diverse community!
โค๏ธ๐Ÿงก๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ–ค

Vanessa