[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Trouble running OSVM in an Ubuntu 20/aarch64 docker (raspi) (#544)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Dec 30 18:28:41 UTC 2020

ARM64 VM works just fine on suitable Raspberry Pi's. And indeed on a suitable phone.

Outside of simply connecting to a few docker-like containers I have no knowledge that would help with docker details, but...

> On 2020-12-30, at 9:44 AM, Christoph Thiede <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>
> I also tried to compile linux64ARMv8 manually, but how can I cross-compile this from my Intel x64 Ubuntu system?

Why on earth would you do that? why go to all the trouble of messing with cross-compiler setups (which will certainly involve you getting cross) when you can just do it on the actual machine? It takes a whole couple of minutes to compile on a Pi 4 for example.

Do the stuff to mount your git related directory tree to the Pi, run a terminal on the Pi, cd to the right build directory and go.

tim
"Bo***x" said Pooh when Piglet kneed him in the groin.