[Vm-dev] Sorry, Sorry! [WAS: Trouble running OSVM in an Ubuntu 20/aarch64 docker]

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Thu Dec 31 14:15:41 UTC 2020

Apologies to all, I though I had trimmed the header on this..
-KenD
=============
Message: 6
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 04:18:58 -0800
 From: Christoph Thiede <notifications at github.com>
To: OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
     <opensmalltalk-vm at noreply.github.com>
Cc: Comment <comment at noreply.github.com>, OpenSmalltalk-Bot
     <vm-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org>
Subject: Re: [Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Trouble running
     OSVM in an Ubuntu 20/aarch64 docker (raspi) (#544)

I have tried that and built the VM again, but I keep getting the same
mprotect error message :( Any other ideas?

 From: oscogvm/build.linux64ARMv8/HowToBuild:

vvv======vvv

If running the resultant squeak vm gives an error something like
     mprotect(x,y,PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC)
or
     memory_alias_map: shm_open: Permission denied
you need to enable shared memory for the COG JIT.

As root:
    chmod 777 /dev/shm
    echo 'none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0' >> /etc/fstab
    mount /dev/shm

The squeak vm should now work.