[Vm-dev] Simulating trunk6.image in Spur64VMMaker

K K Subbu kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 07:45:15 UTC 2020

On 10/02/20 8:59 PM, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> If you want to develop specific primitives, optimizations, etc, that are
> invoked from specific Smalltalk expressions you'll find simulating the
> "reader" image, which contains a Real-Eval-Print Loop (a REPL), much
> easier than trying to interact with the desktop through the world menu.

Thank you very much for your quick and detailed response. I created a swiki:

  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6640
  http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/79 (updated)

I saw Clement's excellent video at https://youtu.be/hctMBGAXVSs and his
blog https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/simulating-the-cog-vm/

>     What are the options if I want to open V3 images in this simulator?
>

> Just change  ObjectMemory Spur32BitMemoryManager to ObjectMemory
> NewObjectMemory

I could'nt get the simulator to open 6502/6504 images. I got
'incomaptible image format' error [sic]. When I tried with ObjectMemory,
I got a MNU on coInterpreter in initialize.

Regards .. Subbu