[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] Condensing sources for a new release

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 17:26:05 UTC 2020

Hi David,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:48 AM David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> Update - I resolved my library pro> blem, and can run the traced image.
> > However, it opens with an empty black window (but no VM crash or error
> > messages).
>

> "This is nothing to do with the conversion.  It is just an inability to
> write to the changes, and in fact looks like a show stopper for the Mac.
> When I open the Mac .app bundle on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 it gives this
> error message:"
>

> I spoke too soon.  So there are two problems, one Mac specific, and one to
do with my image conversion.  When I start up the converted 32-bit image it
does indeed crap out with an "Unwind error during termination" error when
installing the lowSpaceWatcher.  Here's the stack:

    UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #resume
    Context>>return:
    SmalltalkImage>>lowSpaceWatcher
    [] in SmalltalkImage>>installLowSpaceWatcher

I do apologize for my premature response.  I'm taking a look now.  There
are assert failures long before the error so I should b able to fix the
issue quickly.

--
best, Eliot