[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Squeak3D crash on 64bits VM (#468)

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 15:51:55 UTC 2020

Hi Nicolas,

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:31 PM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hem,
> I did not fix anything, just the simulation of BSR (bit scan reverse) because Bochs seems to initialize an ooold cpu?

Alas the Bochs sources I’m using date from 2008.  They made significant changes to the memory interface so that when I looked at upgrading about four or five years ago I took the lazy approach.  I can try and upgrade, and I can also take a look at the gdb source and see if it would work.  But I can’t make promises time wise.

> Most cpu have CLZ (count leading zeros), and Spur32 still crash if activating pimitiveHighBit (575) at image side. We must fix it, i'm pretty sure that it used to work...

I will take a look at this asap.