[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Store key Spur GC parameters in image header (#477)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Feb 20 17:57:23 UTC 2020

> On 2020-02-20, at 9:42 AM, Jakob Reschke <notifications at github.com> wrote:
>
> And why not in the ini file?

As far as I remember only the Window VM uses any such file. Obviously the could be changed if we really want but an important consideration is that the memory size and some other parameters are very much tied to a particular image rather than generally valid. For example, setting the eden/newspace sizes to suit a large commercial data-wrangling image wouldn't be very helpful to a Scratch image...

tim
Strange OpCodes: RDRI: Rotate Disk Right Immediate