[Vm-dev] [squeak-dev] Reserving/allocating some slots in the specialObjectsArray for DoubleByteArray, WordArray and DoubleWordArray

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jan 14 01:53:08 UTC 2020

Slots 32, 33, and 34 in the special objects array were in use as recently
as Squeak 4.1, and were set to nil by the time of Squeak 4.4. I'm not
sure exactly when those usages were deprecated, but given that some VM
implementations are supporting images of much earlier vintage, would it be
better to assign DoubleByteArray, WordArray, and DoubleWordArray to new
slots appended to the end of the special objects array?

I'm not sure if this has any practical impact, just asking to be safe.

Dave