[Vm-dev] A fork in the road()

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 20:47:49 UTC 2020

Ah, I have unstacked mails down to this one.
Good reading, thanks Tim.
Personnally, I like:

Another pattern uses fork to capture a consistent snapshot of a running
process’s address space, allowing the parent to continue execution; this
includes persistence support in Redis [68],

just because that's what I proposed a few years ago for our VM ;)
And it probably was a good idea to reject this proposal, since fork is not
a panacea as demonstrated in the article.
The fact that an idea is shared does not make it good, I may say not
completely stupid for own re-assurance ;)