[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Fix issue #472 (#473)

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Jan 24 18:59:47 UTC 2020

> I understand if you don’t want to or are uninterested.  But if all that’s holding you back is anxiety that it’s really complicated I assure you that if you clone the opensmalltalk-vm repository, read and follow build.win32x86/HowToBuild that you’ll be able to build the vm within a few hours (setting up Cygwin or mingw is a big time consuming but not horribly so, and you only have to do it once).

Actually I have the whole thing set-up from last year when we started
talking about the Squeak3D plugin.

What is really holding me back is that I spend already too much time on
my computer, doing Smalltalk stuff. The perspective of adding X hours of
C debugging is not a nice one to contemplate.

But I do not want my requests to be a burden to the VM team so if the
need arises again (and I am afraid it will since it seems that not all
edge cases are handled well by the plugin), then I will compile and test
the code myself.

Thanks for your help,

Stef