[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] sqUnixXdnd: Don't record SQDragLeave when XdndDrop is handled (#508)

Vanessa Freudenberg vanessa at codefrau.net
Fri Jul 10 00:05:08 UTC 2020

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 6:52 AM David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 07:19:32AM +0200, Tobias Pape wrote:
>
> > BTW: Fedora ships a 64bit squeak interpreter vm that can run 323bit
> closure  and non-closure images.
> > Except for a broken Rome-plugin, this works very fine for Etoys 5.0???
> >

> That's interesting, I did not know about that. If you get a chance,
> could you please check the version information for that VM? Either
> the contents of a system reporter in the image, or from the command
> line "/usr/bin/squeak -version" (assuming it is installed in /usr/bin).
>
> At one time there was a Debian package for the interpreter VM, but
> it was badly broken, so it would be nice to know if someone has been
> distributing one that works.
>
> Thank you!
> Dave

I just found this site, which lists packages for many linux distros:

https://pkgs.org/search/?q=squeak

Fedora has 4.10.2.2614 VMs for 32 bit ARM, 64 bit ARM, and 64 bit x86, it
appears.

This matches the last src.tar.gz
<http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/Squeak-4.10.2.2614-src.tar.gz> on
http://squeakvm.org/unix/release/

(IIRC it's an automated build that pulls the latest from that site - but I
could be mixing that up with Debian)

That site also shows which distros carry etoys and scratch packages.

Vanessa