[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker-dtl.417.mcz

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Jul 27 19:01:07 UTC 2020

Hi Eliot,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 10:33:46AM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>     what directory are you generating ckformat.c to?  I'll try and match it
> in VMMaker.oscog.

In the old VMMaker, the ckformat.c file gets generated to the ./src directory,
and the compiled ckformat is included in lib/squeak/<version>/ along with
the VM executable and plugins.

The ckformat.c source  gets checked in with other generated sources here:
  http://squeakvm.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/squeak/trunk/src/ckformat.c?revision=3782&view=markup

The /usr/local/squeak script (Ian's) uses the ckformat that it finds in
the lib folder, and the "vmrun" script that I wrote later on for my own
use takes advantage of it indirectly by using whatever ckformat that it
finds in a folder identified by "squeak -version".