[Vm-dev] Setting minimum time threshold before freeing memory?

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:57:16 UTC 2020

I've been noticing at times that the VM seems to churning a bit re:
allocating and freeing memory.  Granted, this is due to the workload I'm
throwing at it (i.e. periodically perform a task that creates a number of
Forms which are short-lived, for example) but it seems a tad aggressive on
the free side.  What I'm wondering is if there's a VM parameter to slow
down the rate at which it will free up memory? (i.e. alloc whenever needed,
but free no sooner than X seconds after the last alloc)