[Vm-dev] __VERSION__ in squeakvm classic

stes stes at telenet.be
Mon Mar 30 06:07:34 UTC 2020

The line

SET (VM_BUILD_STRING "\"Unix built on \"__DATE__ \" \"__TIME__\" Compiler:
${CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION}\"")

works for me on Solaris intel (amd64) with both SunPro C 5.15 and GCC 9.2.

It sets CMAKE_C_COMPILER_VERSION to 5.15:

results in:
./build64/config.h:#define VM_BUILD_STRING "Unix built on "__DATE__ "
"__TIME__" Compiler: 5.15.0"

and this compiles fine for me with Sun Pro while the code with __VERSION__
aborts the compile.

I am not familiar with "cmake" but I guess that this needs to be tested on
all compilers.

Not just gcc and SunPro C , but also clang, icc and whathever compiler can
be detected by "cmake".

It's more of a "cmake" issue, and perhaps I could ask for help on a cmake
forum,

There appear to be ways (interestingly) for testing different compilers in
"cmake" :

https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=8530

for example with :

elseif(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID MATCHES "Clang")

or

elseif(CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID STREQUAL "SunPro")

etc.

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-VM-f104410.html