[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Note on runtime/tcl-8/tcl-openssl which provides tls.h (8f71c4a)

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Fri May 1 12:46:00 UTC 2020

Hi

> On 01.05.2020, at 14:41, stes <stes at telenet.be> wrote:

> It's not normally a problem, there is no "tls.h" as far as I know,
> except for a perhaps (erroneously?) delivered tls.h by TCL:
>
> See the document "HowToBuild" in build.sunos64x64 :
>
> OpenSSL
> - -------
>
> We have tested with openssl 1.0.2 and build the VM with the option:
>
>        --disable-dynamicopenssl
>
> You may have to uninstall packages that provide/ usr/include/tls.h.
>
> The configure script may think that it has to enable TLS support,
> if it finds the tls.h header file.
>
> The package runtime/tcl-8 or runtime/tcl-8/tcl-openssl may provide tls.h.
>
> In order to avoid this problem, we build the VM with the option:
>
>        --without-libtls

Yes, my comment was about exactly that part in the commit.

Could you maybe suggest a better check in
	https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/blob/Cog/platforms/unix/plugins/SqueakSSL/acinclude.m4#L17

? Does the tcl package also provide  a libtls.so or so? If not we could check for that instead.

Best regards
	-Tobias