[Vm-dev] Multi-Image Sista VM?

Robert robert.withers at pm.me
Sat May 2 18:12:02 UTC 2020

Hi ya, Tim,

I had to mull this over a little. In my use case, I believe that each
core is running its own event loop inside its own memory. Objects are
not shared. Yet, there is a use case to migrate objects to different
event loops. Doing so efficiently may provide an opportunity to do
heuristics with performance and tune the threads within 1 process. I
think it opens another dimension in performance optimization that would
allow some sort of JIT compiler moving actors around. A) Actor Mobility.
Plus it would be B) totally cool!!! I mean completely! + 1,000 coolness
factor.

Your thoughts?

K, r

--