[Vm-dev] Windos UNICODE (?!?!?)

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Fri May 8 07:03:40 UTC 2020

Hi Eliot,

I suppose we decided to make explicit use of the unicode functions. See https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/?p=40643 [https://devblogs.microsoft.com/oldnewthing/?p=40643] -- Maybe this is from a time when our source held both ANSI and UNICODE variants. These days, we could simplify the code by defining -DUNICODE=1 and skip using, e.g., "GetWindowTextW" because then "GetWindowText" will automatically choose the unicode versions.

I think that that -DUNICODE has never been part of some makefile.

Best,
Marcel