[Vm-dev] [Pharo-dev] Squeak and Pharo speed differences

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Sat May 16 14:38:07 UTC 2020

Metacello itself does work well across dialects, but one currently
cannot load Tonel repositories via Metacello in Squeak because with
Tonel, Squeak was left behind. The format was devised by Pharo and
pushed by Pharo, no cooperation with Squeak I have heard of. It was a
matter of sink or swim. Some of us are trying to fix that with a Tonel
fork (mainly because of changes to Collection API and Monticello in
Pharo) and an an ongoing pull request to Metacello...