[Vm-dev] CI status

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Oct 27 01:02:40 UTC 2020

Hi Levente,

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 12:59:55AM +0100, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> Hi David
>
> On Mon, 26 Oct 2020, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> >I do not know if it is related to the CI issues, but here is one clue:
> >
> >I am maintaining a V3 "trunk" image that attempts to keep in sync with
> >trunk except for changes that pertain to Spur object format (immediate
> >characters, etc). As of Monticello-ul.728 I get failures in SSL connection
> >to e.g. source.squeak.org. The failures happen with both Cog and the
> >interpreter VM (although the specific error symptoms are different).
> >
> >I can bypass the errors by reverting MCHttpRepository>>httpGet:arguments:
> >to its prior version (stamped ul 9/20/2019).
>
> That version adds some rewrite rules, so some http urls are converted to
> https.
> If that doesn't work, then there is a problem with the SqueakSSL plugin in
> your VM. Does the following print true?
>
> | response |
> response := WebClient httpGet: 'https://source.squeak.org'.
> response code = 200

With an interpreter VM, I get a failure from primitiveSSLCreate.

With Cog (squeak.cog.v3_linux32x86_202010010729.tar.gz) I also get a
failure on the same primitive call.

So yes it is probably an issue with the SqueakSSL plugin.

Sorry I don't have time to follow up on this properly, I just wanted
to mention that I saw an issue in case it relates to the CI problems.

Dave