[Vm-dev] CI status

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Oct 27 18:02:26 UTC 2020

> On 2020-10-27, at 1:33 AM, Nicolas Cellier <nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> No, it's an ubuntu 16:
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux ubuntu 4.4.0-193-generic #224-Ubuntu SMP Tue Oct 6 17:15:28 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I hopefully have the correct setup for authorizing thread priority
>
> $ cat /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf
> *       hard    rtprio  2
> *       soft    rtprio  2
>
> I have no warning in the console telling that "pthread_setschedparam failed"...
>
> So I don't know what's going on. Can someone reproduce?

Actually yeah, kinda.

I have a linux i7 box I mostly use to run an ancient VW product on. It's a recent Ubuntu 18.0.4 download with that horrible xfce ui stuff (really, what were they thinking). Aside from many other faults it (mis)works with VNC in annoying ways tha mean it frequently stops sharing the copy/paste buffer.

Anyway.

uname -a  tells me (and I can't paste it, of course!)
4.15.0-101generic #102-Ubuntu SMP etc etc
I have run the limits.d set up several times and the file is  ok. And yes, I have rebooted plenty of times.

It *never* works to make squeak happy. Did I mention that Ubuntu is not very good?

tim
A computer's attention span is only as long as its extension cord.