[Vm-dev] nuSqueak source

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Oct 29 16:47:19 UTC 2020

> On 2020-10-29, at 3:29 AM, K K Subbu <kksubbu.ml at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 29/10/20 4:52 am, tim Rowledge wrote:
>> There*is*  a 64 bit version of Raspberry PI OS that is currently in
>> late-beta. That would need a VM from the opensmalltalk-vm⁩ ▸
>> ⁨build.linux32ARMv6⁩ ▸ ⁨squeak.stack.spur⁩ tree and of course a 64
>> bit image.
>
> Ubuntu released their 64-bit desktop versions for Raspberry Pi 4 just last week:

Yeah, I saw that on the Pi forum. The bad news is that it includes that *appalling* UI, one that should never, ever, have seen the light of pixels. And unless there is some core OS difference it will presumably cause the same rtprio problem that the i7 version is causing...

tim
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.