[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Insufficient Object Memory: Building on Alpine (#519)

Pierce Ng pierce at samadhiweb.com
Sat Sep 5 01:47:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 03:03:50AM -0700, IcedQuinn wrote:
> the VM was from this repo, that is why i reported it here.  the cmake
> files in this repo default to turning "pharo branding" on.  i launched
> a squeak 5 image and it did appear to throw out any primitive failures
> and the stock code browser was working correctly.  the VM also said to
> report here how to get it working since it did not recognize where
> libc was.

Hi,

I've built the OpenSmalltalk VM on Alpine Linux for use with Pharo.
Entire build process happens within Docker. Take a look:

  https://github.com/pharo-contributions/Docker-Alpine/tree/master/vm.build

The modified source to build on Alpine comes from my fork:

  https://github.com/PierceNg/opensmalltalk-vm/tree/pierce_alpine_839a5ca

The hex string at the end of the branch name is the OpenSmalltalk
commitish the branch is based on.

This VM runs my blog in an Alpine Linux Docker container.

HTH.

Pierce