[Vm-dev] The cooked and the raw [RE: Touch/MultiTouch Events]

Jakob Reschke forums.jakob at resfarm.de
Mon Sep 21 20:47:44 UTC 2020

Am Sa., 19. Sept. 2020 um 22:07 Uhr schrieb Tom Beckmann <tomjonabc at gmail.com>:

> just commenting on the availability of gestures - do you know of any windowing systems that provide high level touch gestures? The systems I'm familiar with all defer this to a UI library.

Well, since you did not say cross-platform: let's not forget Windows. ;-D

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/user-interaction
(I have no coding experience with any of these though.)

They seem to have come up with new APIs replacing the old ones a few
times. Looking at them and comparing might help to not repeat mistakes
others have made.

But oftentimes you cannot use something in Squeak because it is just a
single opaque window to Windows, not one window per control/widget, as
in regular Win32 apps.

Kind regards,
Jakob