[Vm-dev] How to convert 32-bit images to 64-bit images?

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Apr 24 06:06:21 UTC 2021

10 Years back Dan provided a system tracer to convert Squeak images from 32 bit PowerPC to 64 bit intel. I recall spending a few days resolving an issue where the floating point endian wasn’t correct for some FP situations. So check the archives for a post from him with regard to 64 bit. I also built a number of vm variations, perhaps an image from there is useful? ftp://smalltalkconsulting.com/experimental/64bit/

Sent from ProtonMail for iOS