[Vm-dev] VM Maker: VMMaker.oscog-eem.3013.mcz

commits at source.squeak.org commits at source.squeak.org
Mon Aug 2 06:35:07 UTC 2021

Eliot Miranda uploaded a new version of VMMaker to project VM Maker:
http://source.squeak.org/VMMaker/VMMaker.oscog-eem.3013.mcz

Name: VMMaker.oscog-eem.3013
Author: eem
Time: 1 August 2021, 11:34:55.89867 pm
UUID: 386c33d9-c0f2-44c4-bfd3-84910f485b03
Ancestors: VMMaker.oscog-eem.3012

Eliminate a Slang warning.

=============== Diff against VMMaker.oscog-eem.3012 ===============

Item was changed:
  ----- Method: Cogit>>generateCogMethod: (in category 'generate machine code') -----
  generateCogMethod: selector
  	"We handle jump sizing simply.  First we make a pass that asks each
  	 instruction to compute its maximum size.  Then we make a pass that
  	 sizes jumps based on the maxmimum sizes.  Then we make a pass
  	 that fixes up jumps.  When fixing up a jump the jump is not allowed to
  	 choose a smaller offset but must stick to the size set in the second pass."
  	<returnTypeC: #'CogMethod *'>
  	| codeSize headerSize mapSize totalSize startAddress result |
- 	<var: #method type: #'CogMethod *'>
  	headerSize := self sizeof: CogMethod.
  	methodLabel address: methodZone freeStart.
  	self computeMaximumSizes.
  	methodLabel concretizeAt: methodZone freeStart.
  	codeSize := self generateInstructionsAt: methodLabel address + headerSize.
  	mapSize := self generateMapAt: nil start: methodLabel address + cmNoCheckEntryOffset.
  	totalSize := methodZone roundUpLength: headerSize + codeSize + mapSize.
  	totalSize > MaxMethodSize ifTrue:
  		[^self cCoerceSimple: MethodTooBig to: #'CogMethod *'].
  	startAddress := methodZone allocate: totalSize.
  	startAddress = 0 ifTrue:
  		[^self cCoerceSimple: InsufficientCodeSpace to: #'CogMethod *'].
  	self assert: startAddress + cmEntryOffset = entry address.
  	self assert: startAddress + cmNoCheckEntryOffset = noCheckEntry address.
  	result := self outputInstructionsAt: startAddress + headerSize.
  	self assert: startAddress + headerSize + codeSize = result.
  	backEnd padIfPossibleWithStopsFrom: result to: startAddress + totalSize - mapSize - 1.
  	self generateMapAt: startAddress + totalSize - 1 start: startAddress + cmNoCheckEntryOffset.
  	self fillInBlockHeadersAt: startAddress.
  	self fillInMethodHeader: (self writableMethodFor: startAddress)
  		size: totalSize
  		selector: selector.
  	"This also implicitly flushes the read/write mapped dual zone to the read/execute zone."
  	backEnd flushICacheFrom: startAddress to: startAddress + totalSize.
  	^self cCoerceSimple: startAddress to: #'CogMethod *'!