[Vm-dev] Underscore for assignment in VMMaker and related plugins

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Aug 16 16:34:21 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 06:32:48PM -0300, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I have just pushed an update to VectorEnginePlugin.pck.st at the
> Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev Cuis repo to use only ANSI style assignment ' := '.
> In my system, generated C source is exactly the same as before.
>
> Thank you all for your help in integrating this in the official VMs!

Thanks Juan,

I committed a copy of this update to the squeaksource mirror repository
at http://www.squeaksource.com/VectorEnginePlugin.

This means that all Squeak VMMaker images can load the latest VectorEnginePlugin
without issues.

As you said, there is no change to generated code, so the existing
VectorEnginePlugin.c files in the opensmalltalk-vm and squeakvm.org
repositories do not require any update.