[Vm-dev] GC | Strong or weak reference to arguments on stack?

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Wed Aug 18 12:24:41 UTC 2021

Hi all!

I kind of thought that objects sitting as arguments on active stack frames form strong references. Yet, I have a kind of flaky callback test that raises doubts about this assumption.

Here is an example:
  lib qsort: array compare: [:a :b | (a - b) sign].

Maybe it is some interference with GC and FFI callbacks ... Hmm... Anyway, sometimes, the block closure is already "nil" inside the callback when its time to evaluate... But mostly it works fine. :-)

Best,
Marcel