[Vm-dev] [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] aafcb7: Changes to sq.h and sqAssert.h to accompany commit

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Feb 11 04:38:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 08, 2021 at 09:02:10PM -0800, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> I ask anyone wishing to alter the system here to please contact me and discuss
> before making changes.  It is extraordinarily expensive and frustrating to have
> to make changes of this kind to make sure that a signfiicantly more complex VM
> such as Terf's builds correctly.

Hi Eliot,

Just a heads up in case it is not showing in the automated buids. I
am getting build failures, apparently related to these changes. The
last working version for me is 9f1b4644e7396e473bd9bb4cf67f8a9d5a4e11d6

I am working on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and currently building from
opensmalltalk-vm/build.linux64x64/squeak.stack.spur/build.debug

With the latest Cog branch the LOG shows:

In file included from /home/lewis/squeak/git/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqVirtualMachine.c:8:
/home/lewis/squeak/git/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqAssert.h:24:14: error: expected function body after function declarator
EXPORT(void) error(const char *);
             ^
/home/lewis/squeak/git/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqAssert.h:25:14: error: expected function body after function declarator
EXPORT(void) warning(const char *);
             ^
/home/lewis/squeak/git/opensmalltalk-vm/platforms/Cross/vm/sqAssert.h:26:14: error: expected function body after function declarator
EXPORT(void) warningat(const char *,int);