[Vm-dev] URL drop events on MacOS

Eliot Miranda eliot.miranda at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 04:01:54 UTC 2021

Hi All,

    I'm plumbing in support for launching the macos application via URL
scheme drop events/apple events.  I'm asking for review.  I think the right
way to go is to piggy back off of EventTypeDragDropFiles rather than add
another kind of event.  If so there's a fork in the road.  Either
use SQDragDrop (see sq.h) and dropRequestFileName and
have dropRequestFileName answer a name prefixed with 'url:', or add
e.g. SQDropUrl and add primitiveDropRequestURL/dropRequestURL to the
DropPlugin.  Opinions?
best, Eliot