[Vm-dev] Fix_include_order branch

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Tue Jul 20 15:39:08 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 04:18:48PM +0200, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> I just updated the "fix_include_order" branch with recent changes in "Cog". It has not yet been merged.
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/562 [https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/562]
>

> This update enables AppVeyor CI to check the Windows builds again. Travis CI is currently not running due to their limited credit system for open-source projects.
>
> While the basic idea of the fix is still the same as April 2021, there are some minor quirks with the generated sources regarding "usqInt vs. sqInt" data type changes. I haven't yet figured out why this happens during source generation.

Hi Marcel,

Based on some earlier testing that I did, I am fairly confident that
the sqInt/usqInt differences that you are seeing are unrelated to the
fix_include_issue branch. Instead they are probably related to other
changes in the Smalltalk VMMaker code generation. They look odd but
do not appear to be of any functional concern.

I see no issues with the fix_include_order PR and its accompanying
VMMaker.oscog fix. We're just waiting reviewer approval.