[Vm-dev] Adding VectorEnginePlugin to standard VM distributions for Cuis/Squeak

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Thu Jul 22 00:28:15 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jul 21, 2021 at 12:09:35PM -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 5:48 PM David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
> > Are there any preferences or recommendations as to how to best handle this?
> > I have been tracking the VectorEnginePlugin for some time and I'm willing
> > to do any administrative things that may be needed, including checking in
> > generated sources and/or possibly setting up and maintaining a Monticello
> > mirror of the upstream repository (e.g. a project on squeaksource) if
> > that is preferred.
> >

> An upstream Monticello mirror would be most helpful.  We have a tiny script
> for generating correct histories in exports to Monticello from Tonel
> repositories if it is of help.  I will fold the VectorEnginePlugin into the
> standard builds within the next few days (not today, I need some downtime).

I have been keeping MCZ checkpoints of Juan's git commits on my own PC,
because that was an easy way for me to keep track of the VectorEngine
development and test it on VMMaker[.oscog]. This has been remarkably
painless to do, but maintaining it is a manual process so I don't know
if it is a good long term approach.

I would be happier to be able to have our VMMaker images point directly to
Juan's upstream github repository, but I don't understand our Squeak/git
tooling well enough to make it happen.

I can push the MCZ files up to a new project on squeaksource.com as an
interim(?) step. I'll reply back when that is done.