[Vm-dev] Proposal | Clean-up source tree's *src folders

Marcel Taeumel marcel.taeumel at hpi.de
Mon Jul 26 06:41:28 UTC 2021

Hi Jakob.

>  I remember something like
> improved headless operations or being able to embed the VM into other
> languages (i. e. embed a Smalltalk in a C++ program or similar),
> though it has been a while since I've read it and I might remember it
> wrong.

The internal "minheadless" branch is still there. I am currently working on Squeak FFI and the ThreadedFFI plugin so that Squeak's image could also benefit from that branch's ideas without having to ship the SDL2 library, which might be one the "roadblocks" you remembered. There are several paths to achieve what "minheadless" points at. It takes a little bit more time to follow such smaller steps. Yet, I think it's worth to be careful here to not lose people in the process. :-)

Best,
Marcel