[Vm-dev] kdbg: Breaking in sqUnixMain instead of RSPlugin

Robert Withers robert.withers at pm.me
Mon Jun 14 12:09:47 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I am having difficulty in debugging my RSPlugin code for Poly>>#initiazeCield:coefficients:, one of 4 new primitives I have written {#initializeField:coefficients:, #runEuclideanAlgorithm, #dividePolyA:polyB: & #decode:twoS:}. One of my new functions is segfaulting.

I make install the build.debug squeak and run kdbg. In kdbg I set the executable, the argument to my image and set a breakpoint inside #primitiveFECInitializePolyFieldSizeCoefficientsOop [1]. When I run the code: RSFECGenericGFPoly>>#newField:coefficients: the kdbg breaks in sqUnixX11 x2sqKeyInput instead of in my primitive. I click run again and it breaks again in sqUnixMain at a function call to sigsegv. I click run once more and squeak exits. I can't catch a break!

Is anyone familiar with this behavior and know a fix?

[1] #primitiveFECInitializePolyFieldSizeCoefficientsOop - https://pastebin.com/QkkBxFjR

Kindly,
Robert